How To Host A Website For FREE On GitHub in 2023?
Table of Content
- What is Web Hosting?
- Web Hosting Platforms/Services in 2023
- What is GitHub? What is GitHub Used For?
- Can I Host Website On GitHub For FREE?
- How To Host A Website On GitHub For FREE?
- How To Do CloadFlare DMS SetUp?
- GitHub SetUp / Drag & Drop Upload
How To Start Affiliate Marketing As A Web Developer?
Learn More: Click Here→
What is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is the process of storing and serving the files that make up a website so that it can be accessed on the internet. Essentially, web hosting is like renting space on a server (a powerful computer) that is always connected to the internet. When someone types in your website's address, their device connects to the server and downloads the website's files, which are then displayed in their web browser.
Web hosting is an essential component of building a website, as it determines how quickly and reliably
your website loads, how much traffic it can handle, and how secure it is. There are many different types
of web hosting available, ranging from shared hosting (where multiple websites share the same server) to
dedicated hosting (where you have an entire server to yourself). The type of hosting you choose will
depend on your budget, the size and complexity of your website, and your technical expertise.
Web Hosting Platforms/Services in 2023
When it comes to creating a website, choosing the right web hosting provider is crucial. A good hosting provider can ensure that your website is fast, reliable, and secure, while a poor hosting provider can result in slow load times, frequent downtime, and security vulnerabilities.
There are many web hosting platforms/services available, ranging from small independent providers to large corporations like Amazon and Microsoft. Each platform/service offers different features, pricing, and levels of technical support, so it's important to choose a provider that meets your specific needs.
Before choosing a web hosting provider, consider factors like the size and complexity of your website, your budget, and your level of technical expertise. Additionally, read reviews and compare different providers to ensure that you choose a reliable and trustworthy hosting option for your website.
Here, We've listed some of the most renowned Paid Web Hosting Platforms/Services available online in 2023 as per ratings and user's Feedbacks.
- Bluehost: Bluehost is a web hosting provider that offers a variety of hosting plans, including shared, dedicated, and VPS hosting. It also offers domain registration and website building tools.
- GoDaddy: GoDaddy is a web hosting provider that offers a variety of hosting plans, including shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting. It also offers domain registration, website building tools, and email hosting.
- WordPress Hosting: WordPress.com is a web hosting platform that is designed specifically for WordPress websites. It offers a range of hosting plans, including free, personal, premium, and business plans. With WordPress.com, you can create a website using a variety of pre-designed templates and themes, or you can customize your site using your own code.
- AWS (Amazon Web Services): AWS is a cloud-based web hosting service that offers a wide range of hosting options, including shared, VPS, dedicated, and cloud hosting. It also offers a variety of other cloud-based services like storage, computing, and database management.
Become a Freelancing Web Developer in 2023
What is GitHub? What is GitHub Used For?
GitHub is a website that helps developers work together on projects. When people are working on a software project, they need to keep track of all the changes they make to the code . This is called "version control". GitHub makes it easy to do version control and also lets developers share their code with others. This is really useful because it means that other developers can see what you've done and give you feedback or even help you improve the code.
Moreover, GitHub also offers a web hosting service, called GitHub Pages, that allows users to host their website directly from their GitHub repository. In this article, We've included various aspects of GitHub as well as web hosting. We hope, you'll find this article praiseworthy.
Can I Host Website On GitHub For Free?
Yes, You can easily host your static website on github. GitHub Pages is a static website hosting service that lets you create and host a website directly from your GitHub repository. This means that you can store all of your website files in your repository, and GitHub will automatically build and publish your website whenever you make changes to your code.
One of the biggest benefits of using GitHub Pages for web hosting is that it's completely free. You don't need to pay for hosting or domain registration, and there are no limits on bandwidth or storage. This makes it a great option for developers who are just starting out or who want to host a simple website without spending a lot of money.
GitHub Pages also supports custom domains, so you can use your own domain name instead of the default GitHub Pages URL. This is great for creating a more professional-looking website and for building your brand.
However, it's important to note that GitHub Pages is best suited for hosting static websites, which means websites that don't have any dynamic content or server-side processing. If your website requires server-side processing, you may need to use a different web hosting service.
How To Host A Website On GitHub For FREE?
You can easily upload your files and folders using Drag & Drop method on GitHub and use GitHub as your FREE LifeTime Hosting Platform. Before that you'll need to have a domain (EITHER FREE OR PAID).
DOMAIN -> CLOUDFLARE -> GITHUB
Basically we're going to use GitHub for our hosting. But We can't directly connect our domain name with GitHub. In this scenerio, CloudFlare comes in. This is because to use a custom domain name with your GitHub Pages website, you need to set up DNS records that point to GitHub's servers. You can take advantage of CloudFlare's DNS management features, as well as their caching and security features, while still being able to host your website on GitHub Pages.
Follow The Following Steps To Understand The Full Setup Process.
1. CLOUDFLARE SETUP
- STEP-1: The first thing you need to have is a (Domain Name). You can use any custom domain. If you're willing to purchase one. Visit Hostiner.com
- STEP-2: Assuming you've a domain , We can now move ahead. Now, Go to CloudFlare.com Don't Know Why? Click Here
- STEP-3: Now, You need to create an account on CloudFlare. Enter your email and password and signup a new account. Now, we're going to head towards CloudFlare's Dashboard.
- STEP-4: Simply Click on the first option as shown in the picture below. Next, You'll need to add the domain name in the (Add Site) form.
- STEP-5: Now Choose the FREE option . The option might be at the bottom of the Price Chart in the dashboard. After choosing the FREE option, click on the continue.
- STEP-6: Now You'll need to have a DNS Management Setup. This is what CloudFlare is for. Copy everything mentioned in the picture below. DNS management in Cloudflare refers to the ability to manage the Domain Name System (DNS) records associated with your domain name. DNS records are used to map domain names to IP addresses, allowing visitors to access your website by entering a domain name in their browser.
That's It. Congrats, You've Successfully created DNS Management Setup for your domain name. You'll need to wait for about 1,2 for it to technically work. Now, in that mean time, we can setup our GitHub account and connect to CloudFlare.
2. GITHUB SETUP
After CloudFlare Setup, you'll need to have a hosting platform that helps you upload content in your website. This is an easy process. After CloudFlare and GitHub setup, you'll be able to upload any HTML, CSS AND JS projects, especially Frontend in your website. Follow the following steps:
- STEP-1: Open GitHub's Official Site. Simply Click Here to continue. Put your name, email and password in the SignUp Form.
- STEP-2: You'll be directed to a page where you'll be asked to create a repository. Write anything you like. This is going to be the name of your folder where you'll be uploading all your web folders and files.
- STEP-3: Now, You must have successfully created your own repository. Click on the settings option and Go to the pages option. You'll see a form called (custom domain). Click on it and put the domain name you entered in cloudflare. (www.abc.com) .
- STEP-4: Now you're done. Click on the code button in the top left side of the UI. YOu will be now able to Add file . Remember, You'll need to make a homepage with just index.html file and other various files directly by clicking on teh (Add File) and Drag and Drop the files and Click on the (Commit Changes) button.
That's It. You've now successfully hosted your website on GitHub. From now you'll be able to drag and drop upload your files and folders on your website within few seconds. If you've any issues, You can feel free to email me on ([email protected]).
Quick Ways To Make Money Online From Home